- Insert an Easy Park card into any on-street parking meter. (Do not swipe the Easy Park Card as you do with most credit cards. Leave the card in the meter until it displays "In")
- The meter will display the dollar amount available on the card.
- The meter will display "In" indicating the customer is logged in.
- Remove the Easy Park Card.
- The meter will display the maximum time available on the meter.
- Upon returning return to the meter, insert the Easy Park card. (again, do not swipe the card)
- The meter will display "11:11" then deduct from the card the amount owed for the time parked.
- Meter will display "Out."
- Remove Easy Park card.
- Ensure the meter displays "Out" before removing the Easy Park Card.
There are over 1,600 parking meters in the downtown and Old Colorado City area that will accept the Easy Park cards. Customers can continue to use their card in those meters. We will continue to offer the Easy Park card as a payment option based on future use.
We understand that there may be current customers that use their Easy Park card exclusively in the core of downtown and after the conversion to credit card meters may not have a use for the Easy Park card. In those cases we are offering refunds effective Monday November 4, 2013. Customers desiring a refund can bring their Easy Park card(s) to the Parking Administration Office located at 130 South Nevada Avenue, 719-385-5681. The balance on the card will be verified and balances of less than $20 will be refunded in cash. Balances of more than $20 or if multiple cards are turned in, the refund will be processed through the City Finance Office and a check will be mailed to the customer.
Easy Park reload kiosks will remain downtown 127 E. Vermijo Street ( NW corner of Vermijo Street & Tejon Street) and 107 N. Nevada Ave. (on the southeast side of City Hall). There is also a reload kiosk located in the Parking Administration Office loacted at 130 South Nevada Avenue (2nd floor on the City parking Garage). These kiosks are available 24 hours a day for credit card transaction only. Additional credit can be added to your card in $10 and $20 increments up to $100. To reload your Easy Park card, park in adjacent loading zone, have a credit card and your Easy Park card ready, push any button to activate the kiosk and follow the instructions on the screen. For cash and credit card transactions, visit the Parking Administration office in the City Parking Garage located at 130 S. Nevada Ave., SE corner of the 2nd floor. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The City of Colorado Springs is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.