Fire Station 3--922 W. Colorado Ave.
Hose Company 3 of the Colorado Springs Fire Department began life April 1, 1896, in the Ferrin Hose House at what is now the southwest corner of 9th Street and Pikes Peak Avenue. In 1909 the company moved to a new station built at 817 West Colorado Avenue (the twin to "Old" Station 4). This company became motorized in 1914 with the transfer of the Knox hose wagon from the Central Station.
Construction on the current Station 3 at 922 West Colorado began in 1950. Engine Company 3 moved into the station on June 15, 1951. In order to provide more office space, an extension was added to the west side of the building in 1982. Old Station 3 still stands today across the street and houses a restaurant.
Station 3 houses Engine 3 and the Hose Wagon.