Fire Station 2--314 E. San Miguel St.
Fire Station 2, at 314 East San Miguel Street, is the second station to occupy that quiet, residential site. The first Station 2 was built in 1896 and housed horse-drawn apparatus until the company was motorized in 1912.
The current Station 2 was built in 1938 with a Public Works Authority grant and was occupied for the first time on February 10, 1939.
Station 2 has shared quarters with various other companies in the course of its lifetime. At times, Station 2 has hosted Engines 6, 7, and 8 before their quarters were completed, as well as various reserve aerials and pumpers over the 55 years of its existence. It also has been home to crews from utility Engine Company 20, Rescue 2 and the on-shift investigators from the CSFD Investigations Bureau.
Currently Station 2 houses Engine 2 and the TEMS unit (Tactical Emergency Medical Support).