Community Emergency Preparedness Night at Sky Sox Stadium Aug 22
Monday, August 04, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo-- The Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management will celebrate September’s National Preparedness Month during “Community Emergency Preparedness Night” at Sky Sox Stadium Friday, Aug. 22. The gates open at 6 p.m. and the game starts at 7:05 p.m.
Pre-game activities start at 5 p.m. and will give families an opportunity to learn about emergency preparedness through interactive demonstrations to include:
- a smoke and fire trailer
- electrical and natural gas leak exhibits
- medevac helicopter tours
- police vehicles and fire engines
- McGruff the Crime Dog, Smokey Bear, Iron Man and others.
There will also be an opportunity to learn how to register for emergency alerts and participate in a blood drive to receive four free SkySox tickets for the 2015 season.
The most important steps citizens and businesses can take to lessen the effects of a disaster are to Get Prepared, Get Trained, and Get Involved. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet with representatives from local organizations to learn about volunteer opportunities. This community would not be able to maintain resiliency for a disaster without the assistance of volunteers.
This event involves many first response and/or emergency preparedness partners from the community to include:
- Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Colorado Springs Police Department
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- El Paso County Sheriff Emergency Services Division
- Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
- Memorial Hospital – UC Health
- Pikes Peak American Red Cross
- The Independence Center
- El Paso-Teller County Authority (E-911) System
- Pikes Peak Region Humane Society
- El Paso County Public Health
- American Medical Response
- Medical Reserve Corps of El Paso County
- Salvation Army
- Aspen Pointe
- Pikes Peak United Way
Our emergency services personnel do an incredible job of keeping us safe while responding to disasters, but they can't do it alone. We must all embrace our individual responsibility to be prepared.
For ticket information, call (719) 597-1449, visit www.skysox.com or follow us on Twitter #SkySoxPrep.