Back
line





City of Colorado Springs / Fire / News

Structure Fire at 624 Alexander Road
Wednesday, March 26, 2014


Colorado Springs, CO – On March 22, 2014 at 2:37 p.m., Colorado Springs firefighters were dispatched to a reported structure fire at 624 Alexander Road.  The first CSFD engine arrived within four minutes to find smoke coming from the roof of the house. CSFD extinguished the fire in the interior of the house.

CSFD responded to this one alarm fire call with a total of 4 fire apparatus. Approximately 22 CSFD firefighters and support personnel were on scene. 

There were no reported injuries from this incident.  Two residents and two dogs were displaced from the home.

The CSFD estimates that $122,701 of property/content was saved; the overall loss was $12,542 in property/content.

The fire was determined to be accidental due to electrical failure.

The CSFD reminds the community that extension cords are for temporary use only. Have a qualified electrician determine if additional circuits or wall outlets are needed. Also, if a fuse blows or a circuit breaker trips often, find out why and get the problem corrected before turning the breaker back on or replacing the fuse. Have a qualified electrician inspect and repair it.