Community Notification of SVP
Thursday, December 19, 2013, 12:00 PM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Rashaun Demetrius Faulcon has moved to a new address in Colorado Springs and will be under probation supervision. Faulcon is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “sexually violent predator” (SVP) by the parole board. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Faulcon’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Faulcon’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12
The Colorado Springs Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Faulcon registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such. Faulcon is currently under supervision by the 4th Judicial District Probation Office.
Faulcon’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Attempted Sexual Assault-Overcome Victim’s Will in 2001 in El Paso County Colorado.
Faulcon has also been convicted of False Imprisonment in 2001, Escape-Attempted in 2004 and Failure to Register as a Sex Offender in 2013.
Faulcon is registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department at 3900 North Nevada Ave #14. He is described as being a Black male, 29 years of age, 6’1” tall, 180 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.
Faulcon is one of thirteen (13) “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware. For additional information regarding Faulcon or other registered sex offenders living in Colorado Springs please got to http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and the Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665 or Detective Nancy Gifford at 444-7672.