Sexually Violent Predator - Community Notification
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:00 AM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Luke Brovetto has been released from the Department of Corrections and has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. He will be under parole supervision. Brovetto is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Brovetto’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Brovetto’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.springsgov.com. Click on Departments then click on Police.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Brovetto registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Brovetto’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sexual Assault-Attempted in 2009 in Teller County and Sexual Assault on a Child-Attempted in 2002 in Teller County.
Brovetto has also been convicted of Violation of Bond Conditions in 2010, Driving Under the Influence in 2009, Driving While Ability Impaired in 2007, Felony Theft in 2002, Underage Possession/Consumption of Alcohol in 2001, Motor Vehicle Theft in 2001 and Possession of an Illegal Weapon in 2001.
Brovetto is registered and residing at 3033 East Platte Avenue #202, Colorado Springs, CO 80907. Brovetto is described as being a white male, 33 years old, 5’8” tall, 195 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Brovetto is one of fourteen (14) “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665.