Community Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 10:00 AM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Frank Anastacio Gallegos has moved to Colorado Springs. Gallegos is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “sexually violent predator” (SVP) by the parole board. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Gallegos’ residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Gallegos’ status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Gallegos registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Gallegos’ criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Attempted Sexual Assault on a Child in 2003 in Huerfano County Colorado.
He was also convicted of Witness Tampering in 2003.
Gallegos currently lacks a fixed address and is living in the area of Wagner Park, located near Bijou Street and Stanford Street in Colorado Springs. He is a Hispanic male, 29 YOA, 5’7” tall, 168 lbs, with black hair, currently with a shaved head, and brown eyes.
Gallegos is one of fifteen (15) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Sgt. B. Dehart of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7808.