In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Department of Corrections has notified the Colorado Springs Police Department that Jerrell Jamil Evans will be on supervised release, parole, and has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. Evans is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Evans’ residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Evans’ status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.aspx?SectionID=12
Information may be found on the left side of the page under “New Items”.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Evans registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such. Evans' criminal history reveals that in he was convicted of Criminal Attempt - Second Degree Sexual Assault in 2001 in El Paso County Colorado. Evans has also been convicted of Felony Menacing, Felony Criminal Attempt – Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance and Felony Escape.
Evans is registered and residing at 3033 East Platte Avenue #302, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. He is described as a black male, 30 years old, 6’ tall, 220 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.
Evans is one of thirteen (13) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.