Schedule for Oil and Gas Regulations
On Tuesday, Feb. 12, City Council will move to postpone the proposed Oil and Gas Regulations Ordinance to their March 12 Formal meeting for a first reading.
On Monday, Feb. 25, during Council’s Informal meeting, city staff will present responses to Council’s questions which arose during the Jan. 15 Oil and Gas Public Work Session.
During the January work session, Council requested further information on the following items:
- Economic value of oil and gas development to Colorado Springs
- Insurance/surety requirements
- Options available to protect parks from drilling
- Options for additional air quality monitoring at the well sites
- Options for hiring and funding inspectors
- Options for limiting availability of water for fracking during a drought
Both meetings will begin at 1 p.m. and will be held in Council Chambers located on the third floor of City Hall at 107 N. Nevada Avenue. Public welcome; public comment permitted during the March 12 Formal meeting.
This schedule could change based on Council direction or decision.