Drake Task Force Members Announced
On Jan. 22, , the Colorado Springs City Council confirmed the following nine citizens to serve on the Martin Drake Task Force:
- Alan Hale, retired; former vice-president and CFO, Maxim Integrated Products.
- Dan Malinaric, managing director, Atmel Corporation; former etch engineering manager, Philips Semiconductors.
- Diana Dean, professional engineer II, State of Colorado Department of Corrections; former base energy manager, United States Air Force Academy.
- Howard Brooks, executive director, Energy Resource Center; former vice-president, Pikes Peak United Way.
- Jason Doedderlein, owner, Profuturus, LLC; former business development, National Energy Services Company.
- Robert Holzwarth, consultant, Electric and Gas Utilities; former vice-president, Basin Electric Power Cooperative, Bismarck, N.D.
- Sarah Brittain Jack, principal, Sarah B Jack & Associates; former executive director, El Paso County Republican Party.
- Steve Durham, executive director, Colorado Private School Association; former president, Colorado Winning Edge, Inc.
- Tom Zwirlein, faculty director, Economic Forum, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
The Task Force’s main responsibilities include:
- Participate in Task Force meetings as an informed, objective and constructive member.
- Contribute to the development of the Request for Proposal (RFP), including objectives and scope of work.
- Agree to a communication process to ensure that individual citizen-participants are not speaking on behalf of the Task Force.
The Task Force will hold its first meeting on Jan. 25 from 9 a.m.-noon in the Pikes Peak Conference Room located on the second floor of City Hall at 107 N. Nevada Avenue.
Navigant Consulting, Inc. has been retained to facilitate the Task Force process. The Task Force will provide the finalized consultant recommendation to the Utilities Board in early April. The Utilities Board will then commission the consultant to perform the study, with results expected by year end 2013.