Community Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:45 PM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that David Dwayne Allen has been released from the Department of Corrections and has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. He will be under parole supervision. Allen is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Allen’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Allen’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.springsgov.com. Click on Departments then click on Police.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Allen registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Allen’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sexual Assault-Felony 2002 in El Paso County Colorado.
Allen has also been convicted of Theft, Criminal Impersonation, Illegal Possession/Consumption of Alcohol and DUI.
Allen is registered and residing at 3033 East Platte Avenue #209, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Allen is described as being a black male, 30 years old, 6” tall, 150 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.
Allen is one of eleven (11) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Sgt. Bill Dehart of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7808.