Pre-evacuation notice issued for Holland Park, Pleasant Valley neighborhoods
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
The Colorado Springs Police Department is advising residents within these boundaries to prepare for evacuation. There is NOT an evacuation order at this time. This is notification to prepare. Residents will be notified should a mandatory evacuation become necessary.
- Gateway Road to the north, heading east to North 30th Street, which then heads south to Fontanero Street and west to 31st Street
- South on 31st Street to Highway 24
- West on Highway 24 to the Colorado Springs city limits; at this point the boundary follows the city limit north and slightly west to Garden Lane
- Garden Lane north to Gateway Road
- Garden of the Gods Road as the northern boundary
- Centennial Blvd is the western boundary
- I-25 is the eastern boundary
- Fillmore Street as the southern boundary
Gather the following to prepare for evacuation:
- Important documents
- Personal items
- Personal property that can be moved in a timely, efficient manner
- Consider the needs of family members who cannot evacuate quickly or on their own, as well as the needs of pets.
It is imperative that all citizens stay away from all evacuated areas and areas on pre-evacuation notice. Please do not stop in these areas for any reason. Stopping in these areas can endanger evacuees and emergency personnel.
For more information, citizens can call the Joint Information Center at these numbers:
There is NOT an evacuation order at this time. This is notification to prepare. Residents will be notified should a mandatory evacuation become necessary.