City partners with local waste management providers for reduced rates to take storm-damaged debris
The City of Colorado Springs today announced partnerships with Waste Management and Waste Connections of Colorado to offer reduced rates to citizens needing to dispose of storm-damaged debris from flooded basements and landscape damage from the June 6-7 storms. Both companies are offering a flat $20 fee for loads up to five cubic yards (a 50% or more reduction from normal rates). County residents with debris from tornado damage can also access the reduced rates. The reduced rates will be available from June 11-15 and require a voucher to be picked up and brought in with any loads.
Below are the requirements that must be followed for either waste management provider:
- Citizens can pick up a voucher from any Colorado Springs Fire Station (Fire Station map), Fire Department Headquarters (375 Printers Parkway), any Police Substation (list of stations), the Police Operations Center (705 S. Nevada Ave.), City Hall (107 N. Nevada Ave.) or the City Administration Building (30 S. Nevada Ave.) starting on Monday morning (June 11). County residents needing to dispose of debris from tornado damage can pick up vouchers from any of the City locations as well. Any additional County facilities for voucher pick-up locations will be announced on Monday by El Paso County.
- To pick up a voucher, citizens should be prepared to show proof of residence (such as driver’s license or utility bill).
- Debris must be clearly from storm damage or normal rates will apply. All loads must be secured with a tarp per County Ordinance.
- The program will run the week of June 11 only, Monday through Friday (see individual provider information below for operation hours and locations).
- Storm-damaged roofing material or appliances cannot be accepted at the reduced rate because of the special handling those items require. Normal rates will apply to those items.
1010 Blaney Rd., Colorado Springs 80929 8925 Rancho Colorado Blvd., Fountain 80817
(719) 683-2600 (719) 382-8383
- Open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Waste Connections of Colorado
10000 Squirrel Creek Rd., Fountain 80817
- Open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.