Mayor Bach responds to City Council Overrides
Today the Colorado Springs City Council decided to override all but two of the Mayor’s vetoes.
“City Council has the last word on this matter and we respect that. Our focus will remain on transforming City government to be fiscally sustainable, while we continue to work to improve customer service and retain great employees,” said Mayor Bach.
The line items Mayor Bach vetoed which City Council overrode in a special session today include:
- $43,000 to change a Legislative Communications position from half-time to full time
- $175,000 for City tennis courts maintenance and repairs
- $84,295 for 1.0 FTE Code Enforcement Officer
- Colorado Municipal League and Pikes Peak Area Council of Government dues will be moved to City Council’s budget
Items which City Council did not override include:
- $10,000 to the Old Colorado City Historical Society for education, history and culture
- Authorize Parks staff to grow flowers for “Springs in Bloom”