Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Val Snider arrived at Peterson Air Force Base in 1993.
Before coming to Colorado, he graduated from Murray State University in Ky., with a double major in criminology and physical education.
Val then entered Officers Training School for the U. S. Air Force and worked as a commissioned security police officer for most of his career, earning a MBA from the University of South Dakota.
On retiring from the Air Force, he actively served his community by volunteering on the following committees and organizations:
- 2005 City Charter Review Commission
- Chamber of Commerce Legislative Watch Council
- City Planning Commissioner
- Colorado Springs StreetcarTask Force (Chair)
- Downtown Business Improvement District Parking and Transportation Committee
- Parkside at Mountain Shadows Homeowner Association Board
- Partnership for Community Design Board
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Citizens Advisory Committee
- The Home Front Cares Hotline Assistance Manager
- Utility Infrastructure Committee for Imagine Downtown Master Plan
When not serving as a councilmember, Val enjoys mountain trail distance running, yoga and involvement in a book club.
Councilmember Val Snider
P.O. Box 1575
Colorado Springs, CO 80901
Phone: (719) 385-5485
Fax: (719) 385-5495