Free WiFi Service: How to Connect
Travelers can connect to Colorado Springs Airport's (COS) wireless Internet service using a laptop, Smartphone or other device that can connect to the Web and is wireless compatible. Airport officials suggest using a computer running Windows XP or higher and newer versions of Smartphones or other portable devices.
COS Airport recently increased the number of WiFi access points. Passengers can now enjoy FREE Wireless Internet access in the newly remodeled concession and fireplace seating area, as well as in the concourse.
Follow these simple steps to connect:
- Look for or type the following SSID : "flyCOS". If your wireless card network configuration requires you to type the name of an access point or "SSID," enter "flyCOS".
- Disable any encryption, WEP, WPA, LEAP, PEAP, etc.
- COS WiFi footprint: Covers the entire Main Concourse and the concession and seating area (around the fireplace, in to the restaurants and meeter/greeter room) at the top of the main escalators, just before security screening.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections can be established using most PPTP client software. However, COS cannot guarantee all of them to work.
- Airport officials recommend that users employ personal Anti Virus software with updated signature files, personal firewall programs and updated security patches or hot fixes for the device's operating system and browser software.