Tuesday, November 16, 2010
November 16, 2010
Present: TPAC Members: Russ Fertitta, Mark Ewell, Amber Robinson, Justin Burns, Michael Peltier, John Nuwer (via telephone)
Absent: Marshall Tuttle, David King
Staff: Curlie Matthews, Jackie Julaton, Kathy Lake
Guests: Ben Kley -Falcon Broadband, David Sered-Comcast (via telephone), Bonnie Moeder- Colorado Springs Utilities
CALL TO ORDER
A quorum was present and the meeting was called to order at 7:34 a.m.
Mr. Mark Ewell made motion to approve October minutes withstanding a change to note John Nuwer withdrawing motion to re-elect the three TPAC officer positions. Justin seconded the motion, all were in approval and the motion passed.
Justin Burns was nominated for Chair position, Mark Ewell for Vice Chair, and Amber Robinson for Secretary. All were in favor of proposed nominations.
Cable Video Franchise Updates
· Comcast ? Mr. David Sered reported Comcast launched an app for the iPad allowing subscribers to download movies and manage their DVR.
· Falcon Broadband ? Mr. Ben Kley commented on Banning Lewis Ranch?s Chapter 11 bankruptcy and stated that Falcon Broadband should feel no effects from this because their agreement to provide service is with the Metropolitan District, not the developer.
· Zip Broadband - Not present, no report.
· Legislative Matters Sub-Committee
· Franchise Performance Sub-Committee
Mr. Ewell will now take over Mr. Gerry Geyer?s responsibilities for providing the TPAC with Comcast?s quarterly reports.
Review, Planning and action status - TPAC support to City IT
Mr. Curlie Matthews reported the replies to the RFI are with management who will take it to Council to form a committee for reviewing purposes.
Mr. Matthews reported the City is looking at IBM?s Smarter Cities Challenge. Ms. Moeder reported Colorado Springs Utilities is considering partnering with City IT for this grant program.
Other cities' eGov systems and capabilities:
· Future Projects:
Mr. Michael Peltier reported on a possible data center project in a joint effort with CSU. Mr. Burns identified the location as the Vineyard Commerce Park.
ADJOURN: Mr. Fertitta made a motion to adjourn and Mr. Ewell seconded. The meeting was adjourned at 8:17 a.m.