Tuesday, September 21, 2010
September 21, 2010
Present: TPAC Members: Russ Fertitta, Mark Ewell (via telephone), Amber Robinson, Gerry Geyer, Justin Burns, John Nuwer, Mike Peltier, David King (via telephone)
Absent: Marshal Tuttle, Kathy Lake
Staff: Jackie Julaton, Curlie Matthews
Guests: Ben Kley -Falcon Broadband, David Sered-Comcast (via telephone),
Dawn Roth- Colorado Springs Utilities, Chris Pratz - Zip Broadband
CALL TO ORDER
A quorum was present and the meeting was called to order at 7:33 a.m.
Mr. Gerry Geyer made motion to approve the August minutes. Mr. Justin Burns seconded the motion, all were in approval, and the motion passed.
Mr. Russ Fertitta reminded TPAC of upcoming elections in October. He asked each member to consider volunteering for one of the three TPAC officer positions (Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary).
Cable Video Franchise Updates
· Comcast ?Mr. David Sered reported Comcast is open on Saturdays. Discussion followed regarding the need for an amendment to the franchise agreement which Council would need to approve.
· Falcon Broadband ?Ben Kley had nothing new to report and asked if presence at October meeting was necessary because he anticipates no updates.
· Zip Broadband: Mr. Chris Pratz reported Zip Broadband has no TV customers.
Mr. Tuttle sent an email (prior to TPAC meeting) reporting on rural broadband projects.
John Nuwer commented on no archived minutes previous to 1995 on website.
Mr. Curlie Matthews reported he?s heard no further response on the Google RFI.
· Legislative Matters Sub-Committee
· Franchise Performance Sub-Committee
Review, Planning and action status - TPAC support to City IT
· RFI for outsourcing the City?s IT services and support
Mr. Matthews reported the due date for responses was extended to October 13, 2010.
Other cities' eGov systems and capabilities:
· Future Projects:
John Nuwer reported the Pikes Peak Council of Governments Sustainability Study has no focus on communications.
Ms. Dawn Roth reported on CSU installing a communication tower north of Research Parkway.
ADJOURN: Mr. Geyer made a motion to adjourn and Mr. Burns seconded. The meeting was adjourned at 8:33 a.m.