Tuesday, May 18, 2010
May 18, 2010
Present: TPAC Members: Russ Fertitta, Gerry Geyer, Amber Robinson, Marshall Tuttle, Justin Burns, John Nuwer
Absent: Mark Ewell, David King, Michael Peltier (alternate)
Staff: Jackie Julaton,
Guests: Dawn Roth-CSU, Ben Kley-Falcon Broadband, David Sered-Comcast
CALL TO ORDER
A quorum was present and the meeting was called to order at 7:30 a.m.
Mr. Marshall Tuttle made motion to approve the April minutes. Mr. Gerry Geyer seconded the motion, all were in approval, and the motion passed.
Cable Video Franchise Updates
· Comcast ? David Sered reported they are seeing a lot of foot traffic at connection center on Union as a result of the digital conversion. Will add 60 digital channels in June. David offered a tour of call center to TPAC.
· Falcon Broadband -
· Zip Broadband: No report, not present.
David Sered commented the Google notice on the website seemed like an advertisement.
Mr. Fertitta asked TPAC members to review website as an action item for the June meeting.
· Legislative Matters Sub-Committee
· Franchise Performance Sub-Committee
No report. Mr. Geyer to email quarterly reports for next month as an action item.
· Broadband Infrastructure Task Force
Mr. Marshall Tuttle reported he read articles on federal stimulus funds for rural access.
· Service Provider Letter: Received no response from businesses to present. Discussion followed on whether or not to re-contact service providers. Consensus was reached that TPAC will allow respondents to present if they choose to respond to the letter, but will not re-contact to remind them. Comcast will present in June and Falcon Broadband in July.
Review, Planning and action status - TPAC support to City IT
· Other cities' eGov systems and capabilities:
· Future Projects:
ADJOURN: Mr. Geyer made motion to adjourn and Mr. Tuttle seconded. The meeting was adjourned at 8:11 am.