Tuesday, June 16, 2009
June 16, 2009
Present: TPAC Members:, Gerry Geyer, Russ Fertitta, Marshall Tuttle, Justin Burns,
Absent: Michael Freeman
Staff: Curlie Mathews, Jackie Julaton, Kathy Lake
Guests: Brian Bleike-Colorado Springs Utilities, Ben Kley-Falcon Broadband, David Sered-Comcast, Andy Wineke-The Gazette
CALL TO ORDER
A quorum was present and the meeting was called to order at 7:35 a.m.
Ms. Amber Robinson was introduced as a new member of TPAC.
Mr. Justin Burns made a motion to approve the May minutes. Mr. Mark Ewell seconded the motion, all were in approval, and the motion passed.
Cable Video Franchise Updates
· Comcast: Mr. David Sered briefed the digital transitions was very smooth and no significant issues have been identified.
· Falcon Broadband: Mr. Ben Kley briefed the digital transitions went smooth on June 12. The national corporate body may increase charges between .50 cents to $1.00 per channel (content). This charge is per network station and it is uncertain if there are any local fees. TPAC is concerned with impacts on the consumer. Mr. Kley will provide more information at the next meeting.
· Porchlight: No report.
Broadband is costly to dig trenches and local agencies are waiting for stimulus funds to proceed.
TPAC web page looks good and the city is receiving favorable comments.
· Legislative Matters Sub-Committee
· Franchise Performance Sub-Committee
Broadband Infrastructure Task Force
Review, Planning and action status - TPAC support to City IT
· Other cities' eGov systems and capabilities:
· Future Projects:
Mr. Curlie Matthews briefed the city will get new voice services (VoIP) at the end of June 2009. Applications will be migrating to the Police Operation Center this month.
Mr. Mark Ewell, Mr. Justin Burns and Ms. Amber Robinson provided a handout that identified landline telephone, Internet, cable, mobile, and fixed wireless providers in Colorado Springs. Discussion followed as TPAC wanted to identify who is the audience for this information (EDC, City IT, etc). Mr. Ewell will draft a letter to these providers for TPAC and Vice Mayor Small to review.
ADJOURN: There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:40a.m.